Oct 7, 2009

Tonight I wept

I just spent the last 5 hours reading this blog {nieniedialogues.blogspot.com} I didn't know this remarkable woman's story until now. {we don't watch much TV} All I can say is I want to be like this women. She is inspirational. I want to be the best I can be. From her story she has shown me nothing is impossible. She has touched my life in a way, words can't describe. She has such strength, courage, and determination.
I want to become the wife, daughter, mother, and child of God my Savior wants me to be and I will.
I can't find the words to describe my feelings at this moment. After Conference this weekend, which was amazing, and this miraculous women's blog, I feel drained of my emotions. I will now look at life at a different light. It's funny how things hit you at a moment you don't expect it. I am so grateful when it does.

After reading nienie's blog, I look back on my teenage years. my sister Audrie found out she had a brain tumor, she was 10, and had to go through two surgeries. I didn't get it at that time in my life, I didn't go through the same heartache my siblings and parents went through. I didn't need to feel inspired, or change for that matter. I was a dumb teenager, and nothing else mattered but me. I was foolish. I wish I could do it over again and be the loving sister she needed me to be. But I can't, all I can do now is love her with all my heart and let her know that I do. Audrie is also inspiring. When the doctors told my parents those many years ago she would not live. She lived, she walked, laughed, she worked, and graduated school. And she is now on a mission. Even with her headaches, sharp pain in her chest, aching bones and even the possibility of her tumor growing back, she is out serving the Lord. She is an amazing woman. She will be returning home in 6 months and I can't wait to greet her with open arms. Oh how I miss that girl. I truly love her dearly.

Tonight I wept.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

audrie is an amazing girl. such a great example to me. as are you kristin! you don't give yourself enough credit. you are amazing too. and i am so happy that you discovered nienie. i have been reading her everyday for about a year now. i have been surprised lately when i have heard that many of my friend haven't ever heard of her. she is an inspiration and a walking miracle. i have spent many hours weeping over her words as well. she hasn't ever been on tv before. today she will be on oprah for the first time sharing her story. you should read her sister's blog too, c jane enjoy it: http://blog.cjanerun.com/

Lindsey Walker said...

I love nie nie!! I read her blog every day. I remember the first day I started reading her blog. I spent hours reading her story and cried like a baby. She is amazing and I want to be like her too. You are so wonderful Krisitn! Love you! Watch Oprah tonight, Nie Nie is on!

Lauren and Brian Davis said...

dang it and now i'm weeping. so sweet kristin! nie nie's story is definitely inspirational. her sister is in our ward and has shared some really sweet experiences throughout this whole process. thanks for this post!

Katie Blacker said...

I myself have been so touched by nienie's story. How she can be so resilient after all she has been through. It has made me re-evaluate my insignificant worries. I miss you girl. and I want to hear "this news" you write about. Is it what I think?!!!!!!!!!!!!

k nelle said...

Hi Sis! You are too cute! I love you much-ly and think of you often! LOVE YOU!

kellibelli said...

I love nie nie and I love this post. I am too amazed to learn of these details of Audrie. What an amazing road she and your family has traveled and I cannot believe that is may be growing back? That is too bad. she is amazing to be out there serving. She will be in my prayers.