May 12, 2010

SKINCARE

i thought i would blog today about one of my favorite subjects......SKINCARE.
if i had it my way i would be an esthetician and own my own salon. i am dreaming of that day to come.....
since I've been pregnant i have been able to experience all the fun that happens to skin or maybe just my skin. in my first trimester my skin was good....not great, then it got not so good....then it got bad. i don't think it helped that i moved from UT to CT and the climates are completely different. {Oh and by the way i love the weather in CT way more. it's great for my skin!}
so i have been trying some different things that have made a HUGE difference in my skin.
i thought i would share....and also write it down so i wouldn't forget.....i tend to do that lately.
i purchased a pregnant friendly product and i l-o-v-e it! it's called is clinical. i use it religiously! but not too much cause it may cause flaking. it's a bit pricey $120, however it's in droplet form so it latest along time.{like 4 months or more}
it has evened out my skin tone, like no more red, and stopped my break outs! i recommend it!
next my all time favorite thing to do is YOGURT masks!!! i mean they are fabulous! and its super cheap! just plain yogurt.
and last i am experimenting with making my own products. i love this because i know exactly what i am washing with and globing all over my face. i bought this book Natural Beauty at Home and i fell in love. the book has recipes and once you buy all the stuff it's pretty cheap.
well that's all i have for now........i want your secrets if you would like to share!
xoxo

4 comments:

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

man I hate preggo skin, at least mine anyway- It is so out of whack.

Nice tips. I still haven't bought my undereye roller thing but maybe someday.

jack+alli said...

i might have to try the yogurt masks. my ritual is a quick splash of water and maybe some lotion. im horrible!

kellibelli said...

I love DHC skincare for there deep cleanser..it does not hurt my eyes at all when i take off my eye makeup...I have not experimented with there whole line ...but love that product.

Lindsey Walker said...

Oh, I need all the help I can get. My chin is broken out, and I am all irritated and dry! Gotta love the pregnant skin. Thanks for the tips!