May 10, 2012

loving life...and taking it day by day.

i had a page written of all i wanted to say then i deleted it. why? simple i have no reason to complain, to defend how i feel or who i am, to justify myself to the world. i read nie nies book. and it has changed my perspective on being a mother and loving every bit of it. i love my life and everything about it. people go through trials of every kind and i am so grateful she shared her trail with me. i am grateful to my friend for suggesting the book. i am grateful to my kids for napping for two hours a day so i could read. i am excited for what lies ahead in my life. i am so grateful to be a mom of my two adorable kids. it is hard but oh so worth it. i make sacrifices everyday for my kids and my husband. i am learning to selfless and less selfish. no i can't run everyday like i want, or wash and style my hair like i used to. or go and shop at the mall. but the life i have now...being a mother of two and hopefully more soon, and having my husband who is in grad school and is never home. and living away from all my family and friends and doing it all on my own with little help. is worth what i am striving to become. i wouldn't be the person i am today if it weren't for the trials i have been given in life. and i know that heavenly father knows me and knows i am capable of whatever he puts in my path. i love him.i love the gospel and i love my life. thank you nie nie for helping me see that.



xo

3 comments:

Jen said...

it really is crazy what us moms give up! whenever caroline smiles at me or rose leans in to kiss me for no reason its definitely a sweet reminder that its all worth it! LOVE the first picture of Dean man. Who doesn't love some naked vacuuming? Also, a Bumbo in the bath? Who would have thought? Awesome idea. Miss you girl. You are a rock star mama.

Tayli+Evan+Nixon+Jovi=love said...

You are so cute! I needed to hear this today. I'm going to have to read this book, it sounds like a real eye opener. You are amazing and a great Mommy, Love you xoxox

Melina said...

those photos are so cute, amazing kids!
like ur blog maybe we could follow each other:)
xx