Sep 1, 2009

We have a choice

I am sitting at work, for the 5Th night in a row, thinking about life, yet again. Man, I have just been soul searching lately, bare with me. ;)
I have been reading many blogs lately, many that speak of truth. They speak on all sorts of topics. Some I can relate to, some I can't. However it gets me thinking. My post yesterday got more of a response than when I just throw a bunch of pictures up and say, "See, this is what we have been up to!" I loved it. All of you are AMAZING women. I look up to all of you. You bring so much to my life in so many ways. It is TRUE, the simplest, "Hey I'm thinking of you today" means the world.
I have so much to be grateful for. My Savior has blessed mine and Chris's life in so many ways. I was reading, my dear friends blog, Sheena, thank you. Her words were so wonderful. It was what my soul needed at that moment of time.
We all experience hard times, and it is our choice how we react to those hard times. We choose our path. We choose our happiness. We choose our day. That is what Heavenly Father gave us, isn't it cool? We choose how to respond to every curve ball life throws us. We may sometimes feel that the "curve balls" never end. But they will and they do. I know they do. I strive everyday to think about the choices I make. I choose to work, I chose to love, to sleep, to pick that zit, and then I chose to get mad at myself for picking! I choose my reaction to a comment, I choose to be happy. Nobody can make our choices, we make them. And I LOVE that we can. I know what your thinking, you just barely realized this??? Yes and I am glad it is now, better than later, Right?
In my life at this moment I am having the time of my life, I love life! And Yes I think about things, things that aren't according to MY plan. I am a structured person and I love my plans, they may not work out like I want them to, yet I choose to push forward and look past the things that don't fall into place. I am grateful for my curve balls, they make me stronger. My character grows and I grow within myself. I can now reflect on the challenges I have faced and thank my Heavenly Father for them.

8 comments:

Rachael said...

You are right... we decide if we will be happy or not. Sometimes it's hard to choose to be happy, but in the end, it's worth it. I love what Elder Wirthlin said in his last general conference address, "come what may and love it!" Thanks for your thoughts again. :) I love reading it!

Lindsey Walker said...

You are awesome! I love you! I think positive thinking is the best way to get through life. because you are right there will always be curve balls. :) glad all is well.

Sheen said...

i don't think you know how stinkin' cute and amazing you are!

i'm SO SO thankful that through our hubbies, we got to be family & friends too!

love you!

Jamie said...

i just love you kris. thanks for our chat last night. your testimony continually strengthens mine. and for that i am so very grateful. i think you are stronger than you know : ) love you!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

choices are the stuff of life. I just randomly saw oprah today and she had michael J fox on there talking about his struggle with parkinsons. He said he makes the chioce every day to be happy and carry on. It was really inspiring.

Anyway- great testimony, thanks for sharing it!

camilla hallows said...

hey pretty cousin...can't wait to catch up at ari's wedding! love you!

ps. i have under eye dryness/wrinkles. any suggestions?

Marissa Jeanette said...

I love this post you know i totally agree with that!!

LaRen said...

Your a beautiful person inside and out! Life is short...embrace every choice you make.